Sunday 29 January 2012

I AM SO VERY BAD.

Sorry for being bad at blogging you guys, but I have been too busy living life rather than blogging. Ohhhhh deep for a sunday afternoon.

Well one thing has been a little bit of a distraction, I shall call him The Distraction, in fact, the last time I blogged was just after we got together, which shows you just how much of a wonderful time suck he is. However, I'm sure none of you are too interested in that, because you read this to know about my year abroad, not my tawdry love life ( ps totes not that tawdry).

I have been to Toronto to see Tokyo Police Club ( awesome, they made it snow, and wore Christmas jumpers), skiing ( oww bruises and a lot of tears),  been home for Christmas, got an A, had exams, said goobye to some very good friends,  and celebrated Burns Night and Austrilia Day. None of which I have bothered telling you, bloggy readers about, and for that I am sorry. I feel like the bad relative who disappears for years, only to crawl out when someone dies, and they want cash. Of course, none of you have died, or given me any money but you kinda get my gist. I have popped out of the blue, expecting you all to listen to me again after letting you down for such a long time.



Canada is continuing to be awesome, its such a beautiful country, as reinforced by trip to Mount Tremblant. Take note Norfolk people, REAL LIFE MOUNTAINS, really big ones, proper ones which are really cold at the top, and still pretty cold at the bottom. The one of me smiling happily in my ski gear was taken before what shall only be known as the Green Run Which Lead Me To A Very Dark Place, lets just say the Kirby and Amy  ( the other ski bunnies in the photo) saved my emotional life, after deciding that I couldn't go on.

Work, at walkhome is ticking along nicely, getting a bit harder with the cold weather, but everyone is still very lovely, and it doesnt feel like work at all. Academic work is also you know going along, my ability to attend class is worsening, but since I am travelling so much I don't feel too guilty. This is my canada term so I am doing tonnes of Canada history and Lit, the history is pretty interesting ( Most Canadians do not agree).

Also felt like a proper International student this week, had a proper Burns Night with pipes, haggis and real proper scotsman, and Burns poetry, which was really awesome. BUT BUT I missed scottish dancing, Nightmare. Participated in the great traditions of Austrailia Day, of which one seems to be no australian knowing why they celebrate it, and being very drunk, so spent the day in drunken ignorant bliss basically being a tremendous mess and generallly a bad person.  I'm sure there are photos of this but they have no emerged on fb yet PRAISE BE, so cannot be included for illustrative purposes on this blog.

I'm off the QC ( Quebec City for those cool kids not in the know) on thursday and I PROMISE that I will blog after that, maybe even with a photo of The Distraction looking dashing in cold weather gear and hopefully a beard.  And then its Valentines Day and I will be planning something very special to make a fuss of my blog readers at the most wonderful time of the year.

Much loves and happy travelling friends.

Joey
.
This post is dedicated to Nim- Gone ( back to Austrailia) but never forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment